1. WHAT IS EB-5?
U.S. Congress created the fifth employment-based preference (EB-5) immigrant visa category in 1990 for qualified foreigners seeking to invest in a business that will:
- Benefit the U.S. economy
- Create or save at least 10 full-time jobs for U.S. workers
in exchange for lawful permanent residency in the U.S.
2. WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE EB-5 PROGRAM?
- Families with children who are under 21 years old will immigrate to the U.S. together
- Unlike H1-b, there is no sponsor requirement and no lottery (currently H1-b candidates will have about 30.5% chances of selection)
- Equity used for investment can be inherited or received
- Equity used for investment will be repaid once the immigration process finishes
3.WHAT IS THE MINIMUM INVESTMENT?
- $1 million in non-Target Employment Area (TEA)
- $500,000 in TEA
4.WHO IS QUALIFIED TO BE AN EB-5 INVESTOR?
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) requires EB-5 investor to satisfy the following requirements to be a qualified EB-5 investor:
- Detailed review of the source of investor's funds
- At least 21 years old
- Immediate family members under the age of 21 are also eligible
5.HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET THE GREEN CARD?
Usually, the whole process takes about 12 to 18 months for an EB-5 investor to get a conditional green card. However, for Chinese investors, the process could take up to three years. The EB-5 program is still one of the fastest ways to receive a green card.
6.WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF INVESTING IN THE OKLAHOMA STATE REGIONAL CENTER (OSRC)?
- By keeping investors' green card safety in mind, OSRC only counts indirect jobs when calculating how much EB-5 equity a project can raise, which adds another layer of safety to the EB-5 investment.
- OSRC dedicated employees and consulting partners provide due diligence to determine if a project is viable and will create the required jobs before the projects are available for investment.
- OSRC partners with a leading financial company for administration of investor Escrow Accounts providing the highest level of transparency, security and compliance.
- OSRC partners with experienced immigration attorneys to provide the top class legal service for investors.