WHAT IS THE EB5 PROCESS?
- The investor invests $500,000 (if the investment is located in a targeted employment area) into a secure escrow account to be invested in a OSRC approved EB-5 Project.
- OSRC completes and submits all paperwork and documents to the USCIS
- OSRC interfaces with the USCIS and the investors during the processing of the I-526 immigration petition (normal processing time is eighteen months).
- Upon approval of the I-526, funds are released from escrow and invested in the OSRC EB-5 approved Project.
- The investor, spouse and any unmarried children under the age of 21 receive conditional green cards.
- Conditional green cards allow the holder to work, go to school and travel to and from the U.S. just as a regular green card.
- After 21 months, the investor applies to have the conditions removed. Requirements for removal are as follows:
- Is the company invested in still under operation?
- Was the money in escrow fully invested in the company?
- Were 10 direct, indirect, or induced jobs per immigrant investor created by the end of the 21 month period?
- After 30-60 days and removal of conditions, the investor, spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 are granted Permanent Residence status (Permanent Green Cards)
- After 3 years, Permanent Green Card holders can apply for US Citizenship
Time Starts: Invest with OSRC and attorney files I-526 petition with USCIS
+ 12~18 Months: USCIS approves I-526 and sends file to local U.S. consulate
+ 3~6 Months: U.S. consulate processes, conducts interview and grants conditional green card
+ 0~6 Months: Time allowed to enter the U.S. and establish residency
+ 2 Years Conditional Period: Required time in the U.S. to qualified for a permanent green card
+ 3~6 Months: File I-829 and USCIS grants permanent green card
Total Time 3.5~4 Years: Estimated total time to get your permanent green card